Carla, and everyone, the message from the university professor about
the loss of free Internet access has crossed my screen from a few lists
and repostings. Judging by the hysterical tone, and the fact it was launched the
same day that the CLinton and Gore white house email addresses were
*exploded*, I suspect this is, if not a hoax, someone's sly project
for getting lots of aggrieved maiul to the White House.
NO bills have been pass that make the loss of university access to the net
--or a big boost in cost--an imminent threat.
I suggest people calm down and don't fire off email missiles.
There is no PLAN like this I have heard of--and if there is-let's get
it by name--
if anyone else agrees and wants to repost this note to other lists where
they have seen this note, feel free.
Susan Mernit
Scholastic
7309 Broadway