> Our school of business argues that the lab computers MUST BE IBM if the
> students are to be well-trained for the workplace?  A pc without those three
> letters cannot be purchased for their labs.

 Please educate this person. Their ignorance is overwhelming.

 I personally have worked at three differnt companies where NO ONE of
 the several hundred employees used an IBM (or clone) computer.

 The current trend in computers and operating systems is to VENDOR
 INDEPENDENCE, both hardware and software. Wake up. Join the 1990s.

jim