> RIP Icons can reside either on the user's computer or can be transmitted
> from the host if they don't.

Whoops, forgot to mention in the other message that the implementation on
the Genesis BBS (Osiris XLT software) will prompt you to automatically
download icons you may not have already on your system.  It queries the
user's computer to do this (looks in the Icon subdirectory) which some
users may not like.  I belive that RIPTerm comm program allows one to flag
this capability by the remote BBS off.