Why doesn't either cosn or nsf fund the development of a system analysis like
workbook for folk like JIM?  This product should demonstrate the available hard
ware software options for connecting to the internet.  It should range all the
way from Dave hughes lowcost unix to fido distributed model to dedicated
access with lans and x windows and mosaic.  Couldn't a lot of the stuff be flow
charted?  Do you want this and can you pay that?  Yes /no?

Such a guide should also include the data on CATV & eithernet internet links that I wrote about in my recent CATV study.  Those folk whose CATV license are
coming up fo  renewal *AND* who know enough to ask the right questions have some
very interesting possibilities.