>From:  IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Communet: Community and Civic Network Discu
ssion List", IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Jim Sims"  9-AUG-1993 07:33:07.64
>To:    IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Multiple recipients of list COMMUNET"
>CC:
>Subj:  Help!
>

>From: Jim Sims <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Hi - I've been lurking on the list for a coupla months now and have
> an 'opportunity' that has just presented itself locally, and I'd like
> some help/input.
>
> I've talked to the local (elementary) school that my son and daughter
> attend, the local county school board, etc and have been invited to
> participate in a 'technology task force' that will be shaping a
> 5-year plan for the county-wide networking, connectivity, and use of
> computers in the schools.
>
> I got a copy of the K-12 and the Internet from the folks in Colorado
> - it looks real helpful, with tech info, costing example, etc. Is
> there a 'What's a FreeNet' document somewhere I can lay hands on? Do
> those of you out there who have implemented a FreeNet type system or
> a local school system have documents you can email me?
>
> The meeting is on Friday, so email is about the only way for me to
> get stuff in time (isnt technology wonderful?)
>
>thanks,
>jim

        I am also in a similar situation with the University of Arkansas at L
ittle Rock.  If anyone has some of those 'quickie' introductory packets of
information or guides around I would be interested in them.  I know how great
the Internet is, but unfortunately many are still unaware.  If anyone has any
'advertising' materials I would be interested.  Please send E-mail or snail
mail.

Thanks in advance,

    Lee Arthur                              Internet:  [log in to unmask]

    Department of Chemistry
    University of Arkansas at Little Rock   Bitnet:  learthur@ualr
    2801 S. University Avenue
    Little Rock, Arkansas  72204