Larry Press makes a good point. I've just come out of another discussion
that similarly talks about access to the Internet.

It is so easy to forget, those of us (even someone as new to this as I am)
using the Net daily, that most people have no idea what is going on re:
telecomm things. Maybe 10% of peo ple have modems.

What I think that really means is that this revolution will be slow in
coming. The hardware is too clunky, the software too awkward, and the
whole durn system is too unreliable (can you say hard drive crash? or
telephone noise?).

Anything in place is better than nothing, I guess. But there MUST be
good training and support. Start small, grow with your users, listen
to their needs, respond to their desires and frustrations. T

This is not a friendly environment. Gopher may be the most friendly thing
on the Net, and it has its own peculiarities. Gopher may actually be
*the* most easy to use interface in computing right now, macintosh
notwithstanding. Getting to gopher, though, is not always easy.

Steve Snow