I am chairing a roundtable discussion on fundraising in hospital libraries at
the fall meeting (Oct 3-5) of the NAHSL chapter of MLA.  If you could take a
minute or two to answer this survey, I would appreciate the feedback and will
gladly summarize the results for the List.  As many replies as possible by
Sept 25 will help the roundtable discussion though I won't summarize for the
list until after NAHSL.

                         Fundraising Survey Questions

1.    Are you personally involved in fundraising for your hospital library?

2.    Is fundraising for your library done (also? mainly? exclusively?) by
      your hospital's development (i.e., fundraising) department?

3.    Is any portion of your collection, supplies, or staff salaries currently
      supported by outside funds (including grants, endowment fund income and
      gift contributions)?  ["Guestimates" are perfectly okay with me; this
      survey is informal.]

      If so:                  % FUNDED BY GRANTS,     TYPE OF GRANT OR GIFT
                              GIFTS, ETC.             (federal or nonfederal
                                                      grant, endowment funds,
                                                      etc.)

      *Collection: Books?  Journals?  AV?

      **Salaries: Professional?  Nonprofessional?