There are two papers available via ftp at ftp.u.washington.edu:

1.  Prothero, J, Emerson, T. and Weghorst, S. (1993).  VR/Telepresence
and Medicine Sources.  Technical Report BMed-93-1.  Seattle, WA: Human
Interface Technology Lab.  Available via anonymous ftp at
ftp.u.washington.edu,
/public/VirtualReality/HITL/papers/tech-reports/medVR.txt

Note: this is an acscii file. I am in the process of updating this report.

2.  Prothero, J.  (1993).  Unpublished technical report.  Seattle, WA: Human
Interface Technology Lab.  Available via anonymous ftp at
ftp.u.washington.edu,
/public/VirtualReality/HITL/papers/misc/VRmedicine.ps

Note: this is a postscript file.

For a general bibliography, that contains Telemedicine and Virtual
Surgery Simulation citations:

Emerson, Toni.  (1993).  Virtual Interface Technology: Selected
Citations from the Literature.  Technical Report B-93-2.  Seattle, WA:
Human Interface Technology Lab.  Available via anonymous ftp at
ftp.u.washington.edu,
/public/VirtuallReality/HITL/papers/tech-reports/emerson-B-93-1.ps

Available in ascii, emerson-B-93-1.txt.

           |Toni Emerson                Research Librarian          |
           |     Human Interface Technology Laboratory              |
           |FJ-15                       University of Washington    |
           |Seattle, WA 98195           [log in to unmask] |