We are beginning the process of setting up a staff association
at the Briscoe Library.  The purpose is to advance the social,
cultural and professional interests of library personnel.
Membership will be open to all library employees.  We have
information about staff associations in general academic
libraries; however, we would like to hear from medical
libraries about their experiences.  We are interested in
sample by-laws, how the the association is structured, do
you use standing committees, etc.  Any positive or negative
input would be appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Bonnie O'Connor
FAX: (210) 270-3880
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78284-7940