>Are any hospital libraries out there providing a
>service whereby medical staff search end-user
>systems that provide full text articles and
>the ability to order documents online?
>
>If yes, what system(s) are you using and
>how has it impacted your document delivery/ILL
>service.
>
>Please respond to me directly at:  [log in to unmask]

Miranda, I thought I would keep you updated on our project.
let me know if you would like additional information.

 HEALTHMATRIX 9/93- Shareware
    Healthtel's Healthmatrix program is a Windows database
of medical resources available over Internet. The program
provides point and click access to medical newsgroups,
mailing lists, electronic journals, and databases.
Healthmatrix offers access to the Healthtel Network which
responds to the Internet community's health questions. Its
medical librarians and physicians use a conference format to
reply to clinical problems after searching databases and
pooling knowledge.  Responses and documents are delivered to
subscribers' E-mail addresses.  274,222 bytes. Approximate
download time 12 minutes.

HEALTHTEL 9/93-shareware
    Healthtel is a windows based Internet E-mail and
conferencing program. The program has been designed   for
the typical medical office by a physician.  Healthtel
includes a store and forward, icon driven communication
program that automates sending and receiving messages at
maximum baud rates. The program allows the 386+ computer to
connect to Internet in the middle of the night and be free
for medical billing during the day. Messages can be dictated
by healthworkers and physicians for entry by clerical staff.
Received messages are easily printed.
    The Healthtel program allows users to participate in
special interest groups with their hospitals, HMOs,
associations or internationally with Usenet newsgroups. The
program includes the HealthMATRIX database of Internet
medical resources and addresses which is available with
point and click ease. The Healthtel communication program is
supported by the Healthtel network that uses a physician
and medical librarian conferencing system to deliver
electronic addressses. 876,427 bytes. Approximate download
time 22 minutes.
Dr. Gary Malet               |7 W 5th Street       |"When technology rules
Family Physician/President   |Stockton, Ca. 95206  |    conflicts
Healthtel, Inc.-windows based|VOICE  209-466-6878  |      are
  medical telecommunicatons  |FAX    209-466-7201  |     resolved"
[log in to unmask]        |BBS    209-478-4360  |
[log in to unmask]            |Compuserve 72630.1535|