Look at the Konicas.  Our graphics department and the Canon copier rep
from this area (we have a National contract with Canon) tried very hard to
do what we needed to do with a Canon, and it doesn't do very well.  We have
tried several, and the books do not copy well without squashing the binding.
The Konica works well and makes nice copies.  It is moderately priced.  I
got 3 copiers for what I have budgeted for one.  (And that one went up so
significantly that I couldn't get it when the new budget came out.)
There is supposed to be a Xerox which does books, but it is expensive.  I
don't know the name of the other one any more.  The only thing about the
Konica is that it is slower than the Toshiba we had last--which we killed
by overwork.  I suggest you find a business machines place that will let you
try out IN THE LIBRARY several machines which s/he thinks will fit your
needs.  That is what we did and we found several which would not work at all
and one (RICOH) which was a safety hazard ('87 model) because you had to reach
over a VERY HOT fuser to release a paper jam.  Good Luck.  Carole Gilbert.
Providence Hospital Southfield, MI