I was surprised by the results of a search I did on SilverPlatter
Medline, and I'm asking if anyone can explain them to me.

When I searched "explode PREGNANCY / all subheadings" (using the
thesaurus), the results included all articles indexed with "pregnancy
complications".  "Pregnancy" and "pregnancy complications" are not in
the same tree, according to Annotated MeSH, so I wouldn't think that
the former would contain the latter.

Explanation, anyone?

Terry Wiggins, Director, Idaho Health Sciences Library
Box 8089, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209-8089
internet:  [log in to unmask]
voice:  (208) 236-4182                fax: (208) 236- 4687