    Sorry to post to whole list but I had deleted the original and do note
    that the notion of a particular library service for the visually
    handicapped has been mentioned a few times so maybe it is worth
    mentioning to everyone that in the US the Library of Congress
    sponsors the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically
    Handicapped through a network of regional and subregional libraries,
    housed in existing libraries.  These are listed in the back of the
    American Library Directory: there is essentially at least one in
    every state plus Guam (in HAwaii), Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
    Also listed are Canadian services. These services are good resources
    and, if I remember correctly, for the most part free. If anyone needs
    the listing and does not have easy access to the 92-93 American Library
    Directory, I'd be glad to provide the info.

    Jan Schueller
    Battelle Seattle Research Center
    (206) 528-3372