NOMINATE A COLLEAGUE FOR THE MLA INFORMATION ADVANCEMENT AWARD

Do you know someone who has applied new technology to the delivery of health
sciences information? If you do, please send their name and a brief description
of their contribution to Millard Johnson, Chairperson of the MLA Frank Bradway
Rogers Information Advancement Award.

Nominees for the award must be members of the Medical Library Association.
The recipient receives a cash award of $500.00 and a certificate at the
Association's Annual Meeting.  Please take the time to recognize one of your
deserving colleagues.

Send your suggestions by Friday, September 7, 1993.

Millard Johnson

I would like to append my personal comment to this call for nominations.
People who apply technology take professional risks for the benefit of all
 of us.  Technology gone sour is very messy.  It is easier by far, and
safer too, to wait for someone else to do it.  As a former nominee myself,
I can say that it was one of the highlights of my career to have my name
mentioned along with Dr. Rogers.  So, please take a moment to send us
the name of a colleague.  Just to be mentioned this year might lead to the
big breakthrough next year.
   MJ