At Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI, we still have a Library Committee.
It is supposed to meet 4 times per year, but rarely does.  Though it did meet
often when we were building the new facilitu 5 years ago.  Wh had a long-time
Chair who was very influential in the new library but after that was done, he went on to other things.  We had a meeting if I called one.

We now have a new Chair...and have had two meetings.  Under the auspices of the
Committee, we conducted a survey which yielded some interesting results.
However, thus far, nothing has come of those results so far as I know.
Results were reported at the end of July, so it may be too soon to expect
much.  This Chair is, at least, interested and a library user.

I have real mixed emotions about Library COmmittees.  I get disgusted when
we call meetings which no one attends, especially since I put forth all
the effort to do agendas and handouts and reports.  The Committee was also
unable to stop the layoffs we had last year.  However, I do find that the
Chair is another person to bounce ideas off of...someone with another
perspective.  So that part is valuable.  The Committee really is a
sort of discussion group.  It remains to be seem if the new group will be
any different from past ones.   Carole Gilbert