I am writing a grant application and in it I would like to say
something about the amount of time researchers (particularly)
life sciences spend accessing or using the scientific literature.
Also I think I have read somewahre about the % of research that is
repeated that is already reported in the literature.
Can anyone give me citations for this stuff.  I have already documented
the impact of practitioners using literature with Joanne Marshalls study
but I am trying to show the imporatnce of the researchers also using
literature which I feel they do so I think it is harder to rpove.
Thansk for your help
Lea Starr
Reference services, John W. Scott Health Sciences Library
University of Alberta, Edmonton