On Mon, 20 Sep 1993, David P Brennan wrote:

> Who do most people report to, as far as administration goes?

David,
I report (at the moment) to the Senior Vice Presidient for Marketing and
Public Relations.  I think I am going to be reporting to the Vice
President of Medical Affairs before too long (the Senior just got added to
my current boss's title along with a lot of other responsibiolities). I
have also reported to the VP of Human Resources (at another institution).
The pros and cons depend on the political savvy of the VP, in my
experience.  A case can be made for reporting to any of those people AND
to a VP of Ancillary Services who might also administer Plant Ops!

Medical Affairs/Education makes the most sense to me.  I like the close
connection to physicians, since that's where the clout is.  Just my $.02.

Lisa Traditi                             [log in to unmask]
Swedish Medical Center                   voice (303)788-6616
Medical Library                          fax (303)788-6840
501 E. Hampden
Englewood CO 80110