In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
([log in to unmask]) writes:
>I have a third year resident on staff going into solo private practice
>next year.  He wants to know if there is a publication-book or journal-
>that is comparable to Consumer Reports that evaluates medical office
>equipment.  He was in private practice in China before coming to the
>states and had problems with equipment failures.  He is now going to
>practice in the sttes.  Please reply to the list since this may be
>of interest to others.  I have leare
>ned alot through these discussions.
>Thank you very much.

I hate to discourage the young man but solo private practice
is not feasible with today's health care mess. Please have
him visit some doctors right away so that he can get a clear
idea of forces in the marketplace. The best introduction to
entering practice  is the text "Practice Management" by
Medical Economics(sp). It has a chapter on the question of
how to buy equipment and is well referenced.
Dr. Gary Malet               |7 W 5th Street       |"When technology rules
Family Physician/President   |Stockton, Ca. 95206  |    conflicts
Healthtel, Inc.-windows based|VOICE  209-466-6878  |      are
  medical telecommunicatons  |FAX    209-466-7201  |     resolved"
[log in to unmask]        |BBS    209-478-4360  |
[log in to unmask]            |Compuserve 72630.1535|