1.      In the language of CQI, "customers" appears to be the accepted term
for patients, visitors, and even other employees.  Our institution also
went through a big Guest Relations phase prior to CQI, in which "guest"
was the buzzword.  I personally prefer "users", but can't seem to shake
"patron" here in our library.
2.      A netter recently asked for a copy of the 1994 JCAHO section on
libraries/info. management.  I saw a draft of those standards, and do not
recall seeing the words library or librarian mentioned, the terminology of
choice being "knowledge-based information", I think.  Someone please
correct me if I am wrong.  My paranoia starts kicking in as I see library
standards not identified as such, and being subsumed in what appears to be
primarily medical records standards.  Added to this is the change in the
last few years of the name of American Medical Records Association to the
American Health Information Management Association.  Any comments?

Tom Craig
Univ. of Texas Health Center at Tyler