Date sent:  22-SEP-1993 09:55:01

One of our physicians has come in wanting to know about something called Kraft
syndrome (the spelling is somewhat in doubt), which is apparently involved
grooved earlobes and a possible association with high cholesterol levels.

One of his patients insists that a former doctor diagnosed her as having this
disease, but neither he nor I can find anything at all, either on the
syndrome (with all possible variants of spelling) or on the combination of
symptoms. Apparently all she has at the moment is the grooved earlobes, so he's
wondering whether she should be worrying about the high cholesterol or not.

We've looked on Medline, in Magalini, Jablonski, The Physician's guide to rare
diseases, Smiths Recognizable patterns and a number of texts on cardiovascular
diseases and found nothing. Its not urgent, but we're feeling kind of stumped.

If anyone has any ideas, perhaps they could post to my address. Thanks.
Deborah Gordon                          Wellington School of Medicine
Information Services Librarian          PO Box 7343
Medical Library                         WELLINGTON SOUTH
Internet [log in to unmask]          New Zealand