>  It has come to our attention that there is a glitch in SPIRS
>  3.11 that causes problems when exploding in CINAHL...

SilverPlatter Information would like to thank Linda Slater from
the University of Alberta for alerting us to this problem.  Our
investigation has shown that the problem occurs when using SPIRS
3.11 to search any pre-exploded term in the CINAHL Thesaurus.

SPIRS 3.11 does provide accurate search results from the CINAHL
Thesaurus if you select terms that are not pre-exploded.  In
response to whether this problem exists in the MEDLINE database,
SPIRS 3.11 retrieves accurate results from the MEDLINE Thesaurus,
regardless of whether or not the terms are pre-exploded.

This problem has been corrected in our next software upgrade
which is currently being tested internally.  Until that upgrade
is released, we are suggesting that CINAHL subscribers switch to
SPIRS version 3.10.  Although this software version does not make
use of the CINAHL pre-exploded terms to speed up retrieval from
the Thesaurus, it will retrieve accurate results.  There are no
features or enhancements in SPIRS 3.11 that are not available
in SPIRS 3.10.

SilverPlatter stands behind its commitment to deliver quality
products and services, and apologizes for any inconvenience this
problem may cause.  To obtain a copy of SPIRS version 3.10 or
the list of CINAHL pre-exploded terms, please call Judy Fagan in
Product Support at 800-343-0064 x214, or fax her at 617-255-5859.