I wrote a letter to Time several months ago, encouraging them to include more
complete citations to the medical literature. I explained our plight at the
reference desk when patrons had incomplete information. Shortly after that I
noticed that they changed their style and included even less info. Bummer.

I have also called the Minneapolis Star Tribune to encourage them to do the
same. They told me that they are dependent on the wire services and how
complete their citations are. I suggested that they call our reference desk
and we would try to help them fill in the blanks.

Our library is developing a Gopher and one feature will be the complete
citations to medical articles that we see mentioned in the local papers. It
will be after the fact, but hopefully it will help.

Julie Kelly
Bio-Medical Library         (612) 626-5454
301 Diehl Hall              Bitnet:   J-KELL1@UMINN1
University of Minnesota     Internet: [log in to unmask]