THE Davis in Davis-Christopher is Dr. Loyal Davis who was professor of
surgery at Northwestern University in the 1930's.. I forget Christopher's name.

The new edition of this book is edited by someone else, and no mention is\
made of Dr, Davis.  Trivia:  He (Dr. Davis) was Nancy Reagen's father and
he died a couple of years ago.  He was my father's surgery professor and
everyone was scared to death of him...but he was an excellent teacher.
He also expected his students to come to class and to interview with him
poliched and shining in suits which had been brushed and shoes that had been
shined. And there had better not be a spot on one's tie.  Wouldn't today's
medical students have loved it?  Carole Gilbert, Providence Hospital, Southfield
MI