I have two comments:

1. I download and distribute the citations on Asthma from MEDLINE monthly.
I was questioned about copyright re this activity. BRS said the citations
were not copyrighted and NLM said the citations were not copyrighted.
(MEDLARS service Desk). The abstracts I don't know about.

2. We save the search strategy and re-execute upon request. In my
experience people rarely ask the exact same question so why save the
results? Filing and record keeping is much more expensive than on-line
time. We do keep and update some specialized subjects (In my library those
are BOOP and ABPA) and we store the citation in Pro-Cite for easy updating
and easy retrieval.

Roz Dudden                             Internet: [log in to unmask]
at                                        Phone:(303) 398-1483
National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine
Denver, Colorado                          Fax:  (303) 270-2149