        Reply to:   RE>Re: Citations from the "pop
Marie-Lise has a point--journals (especially NEJM and JAMA, but others, too)
often issue pre-publication press releases, so that the public hears
information on the TV or radio before we even have the journal!  Add to the the
media's inability to give anything resembling a reference, and a lot of
confusion results.

I make a note of almost anything "medical" I hear on the local news, and try to
do a little research on it before the questions arise.  And the suggestion
about sending the person back to the source--usually the station which aired
the item--is a good idea, IF the person can remember where they heard/saw/read
it!

By the way, was chromium picolinate the summer's hot topic in other areas of
the country, too?

Janna Lawrence
Instructional Services Coordinator
Briscoe Library, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, TX  78284-7940
INTERNET  [log in to unmask]     Voice (210) 567-2425
"Also not responsible for long institutional names."