        The following announcement comes from the Office of the
National Performance Review- they are looking for anecdotes regarding
useless government regulations, and reccomendations for eliminating
needless bureaucracy. This is the Net's chance to have a say in fixing
what's wrong with the US government.

------

        Vice President Gore's task force on reinventing government (REGO)
called for many changes in the federal government.  Now that the report
has been issued, we have shifted to implementation of those
recommendations.  Successful implementation of those changes will require
the collective efforts of many people across government.  To provide support
and to help implement the recommendations, a "network of networks" is being
established.  The network, dubbed "NetResults" will link together
government workers at the federal, state, and local levels, and will
provide ways for people in the private and non-profit sectors to
participate as well.  This message is an initial effort by  NetResults to
get information and support for these recommendations.

        On September 11, 1993, President Clinton signed an executive order
calling for the elimination of one-half of executive branch internal
regulations within three years.  We'd like your assistance in helping us
find the best examples of obsolete, redundant, or dysfunctional  federal
regulations. This is your opportunity to let senior federal policy managers
know about federal regulations or internal administration policies
and procedures that prevent effective service to the taxpayer.  We plan
to forward this information to the Federal Quality Institute for its use
in helping agencies eliminate or reduce regulations.

        Any replies should give a brief description of the regulation or
internal administrative procedures and a specific citation where this
regulation is found.  Please send us this information either through
electronic mail to:

or fax it to REGO at:

        (202) 632-0390.

For immediate impact, send your responses by electronic mail before
September 28, 1993.

        If you are interested in more information on "NetResults", please
send an electronic mail message to Steve Butterfield at [log in to unmask],
Dennis Egan at [log in to unmask], or Andy Campbell at [log in to unmask]

We appreciate your interest and will look forward to your replies.

------- End of Forwarded Message