        Is anyone else dissatisfied with the AMA's Practice Parameters
        on CD-ROM?  Its lack of a hypertext link between the directory
        section and the full text of the guidelines is just one of many
        shortcomings.  More frustrating is that searching by Sponsor
        or Title in the Directory section produces a result which
        requires searching the Subject section to obtain the complete
        reference.  Not to mention that terms entered in those search
        fields may not really appear in the field.  Or that searching
        a term in the Practice Parameters Text section is not field
        specific and yields results anywhere in the text of the
        guideline, including the references section.  Our first
        encounters with the CD make us glad we have the print directory
        at hand.

Betsy Morris
Edward G. Miner Library
University of Rochester