I'm wondering if any hospital librarians out there report to a Director of
Medical Records, and if so, what are the advantages & disadvantages of this
arrangement?  I just found out that our Vice-President for Medical Affairs
wants to "redistribute" some of the departments that report to him, and the
Library is one of them!  Reporting to the Director of Medical Records, as I
see it, would add one more layer to the communications totem pole, because the
Director of Medical Records would still report to this same V.P.

I'm suppose to let my V.P. know ASAP my feelings about this possible new
arrangement, including any suggestions or ideas on alternate arrangements.

Please direct all responses to:  [log in to unmask]

I will be happy to summarize for the group if there's any interest.

Thanks very much in advance!

Joanne Muellenbach
Meriter Hospital Library
202 South Park STreet