The Nursing and Allied Health Resources Section/MLA presented a program at the
meeting in Chicago in May 1993 titled Supporting the Information Needs of an
Allied Health Clientele: Innovative Access for the Underserved.  Three
speakers gave presentations about their teaching experiences:  Judy Burnham at
Univ of South Alabama, Mobile; Rochele Schmalz at St Mary's Hospital and
Medical Center, San Francisco; and Betty Warner at Thomas Jefferson Univ,
Philadelphia. The Section plans to continue the topic at next years program
also. Copies of the speaker's presentation may be found in the August and
September Section Newsletter.  My own experience includes teaching 11 contact
hours per semester in a baccalaureate nursing program covering topic that
includes all areas of nursing informatics, and  literature.  Faculty invite me
to guest lecture at those places in the curriculum that deal with any form of
information seeking skill. I would like to encourage all academic librarians
to form alliances with teaching faculty and do more classroom presentations.
If anyone is interested in asking me questions about this information, please
contact me.

Jody Guenther
Baylor University School of Nursing
phone 214-820-2100, fax 214-820-4770