On Mon, 20 Sep 1993, Thomas Andrew Newman wrote:

> I'm surprised that no-one has written software (and a protocol) for the
> internet which would work like Compuserve's Compuserve Information Manager
> (or AOL's software). I.e., software on an Internet unix host that is
> designed to communicate with both:
> - Mac and Windows clients (GUI software) over dialup
>         - using a protocol written for that purpose
> - unix internet clients on the host

There has been an attempt for this type of interface.  The group at CORE
(Calstate) have written a front end package called "The Guide".  It was
introduced at NECC in Orlando last year.

I have not seen much information posted about it nor do I have knowledge
about the whom may be using The Guide.  It was intended to simplify the
look and feel of the internet.

Chuck Browning
Augusta, GA