     I'm surprised that no-one has written software (and a protocol)
     for the internet which would work like Compuserve's Compuserve
     Information Manager (or AOL's software). I.e., software on an
     Internet unix host that is designed to communicate with both:

     - Mac and Windows clients (GUI software) over dialup
             - using a protocol written for that purpose

This is already in place in FirstClass, and now that the caffine has
already kicked in, CocoNet.

     - unix internet clients on the host

Coconet runs on UNIX already, and FirstClass should be expected to
since Apple has a UNIX product (AUX) and is committeed to getting a
newer UNIX product out (AIX, PowerPC, etc.)

Ciao

Steve