> What is the role of the community network in delivering health services,
> providing health care information, or better informing the public about
> alternative and preventive health care strategies?  And further, how

OK, this is a great topic for discussion!  Disseminating information
from official organizations (clinics, social welfare offices, school
boards, etc.) is one of the most attractive uses of community
networking.  It's not the ideal we all look toward, of citizens
talking to each other and taking control, but it's damned useful.

When organizations use the community network, the have to be
particularly careful to own their own words -- to make sure they don't
transmit incorrect information, reveal private matters, etc.

Here's another question: how do health organizations protect
themselves against the risk of giving incorrect advice?  Are their
legal models outside community networking that apply?

Andy Oram    O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.                 [log in to unmask]
             90 Sherman Street, Cambridge, MA 02140     (617) 354-5800
             USA                                    fax (617) 661-1116