Bruce Kirschner writes:

>BBS packages are fast becoming Internet-connected.  But, hey, if we're
>really trying to build "community" (and I mean in the narrow sense --
>"local"), then who the heck needs the Internet?

Sorry, but my Community Network Committee was more excited about InterNet
access than they were about local services.  The answer, as usual, is not
at either extreme, but in the middle.  It isn't InterNet or local services,
it's both.

---
James A. (Jim) Hart              Internet: [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Education                   uucp: uunet!bates!aubsch!jimh
23 High St.                           AOL: JAHart
Auburn, Maine  04212-0800           phone: 207-784-6431
USA                                   FAX: 207-784-2969
"The credit belongs to the (person) who is actually in the arena; ... so
that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know
neither defeat nor victory."  Theodore Roosevelt