Steve Rauch wrote:

>  I access the Internet via dial-up through a
>local university (this guest account at NorthWestNet is part of a National
>Library of Medicine funded connection project).  Are packages like cello
>even usable for dial-up access or do they only work on a pc that has an ip
>address?

In short, the latter.  Most of the tools use some form of ip protocol.
However, that doesn't obviate dial-up.  It just means that you need a SLIP
or PPP dial-up connection, rather than a "login" connection.

I am putting all of my research and energies into getting all of our
various community sites hooked up in some way that will allow ip, exactly
so they can use tools like this.
---
James A. (Jim) Hart              Internet: [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Education                   uucp: uunet!bates!aubsch!jimh
23 High St.                           AOL: JAHart
Auburn, Maine  04212-0800           phone: 207-784-6431
USA                                   FAX: 207-784-2969
"The credit belongs to the (person) who is actually in the arena; ... so
that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know
neither defeat nor victory."  Theodore Roosevelt