             THE CORPORATION FOR PUBLIC BROADCASTING

                    COMMUNITY-WIDE EDUCATION
                     AND INFORMATION SERVICES

                     SOLICITATION GUIDELINES

If anyone is putting together one of these grants and would like help
regarding
   assistance for job-seekers
please get in touch with Bill Warren at the Online Career Center
([log in to unmask]), a non-profit employer's assocation which is
organizing and sponsoring an on-line employment service gopher server
that's running at "gopher.msen.com".

This service has been wildly popular - it just got written up in the
New York Times yesterday, as a result of seeing traffic grow quite
rapidly to the point of starting to tax our servers.  Given the demand
with what has been to now only minimal advertising I can only imagine
that associating it with a community network could add considerable
value to the system as a whole as well as to that community's efforts.

But to do it we'll need some support.  I'm not in the midst of the
grant-writing scene, and neither is Bill, and so I wouldn't know where
to start as far as navigating through that thicket of paperwork.
I do know that we have a service that is easy to adapt to local use
and that would pay considerable benefits from more of a micro approach
to helping the employment picture in any given local area.

thanks

  Edward Vielmetti, vice president for research, Msen Inc. [log in to unmask]
Msen Inc., 320 Miller, Ann Arbor MI  48103 +1 313 998 4562 (fax: 998 4563)