Tom Higley writes:

> This raises another question.  Is anyone who regularly reads this list now
> working on such a book?  There certainly ought to be a market for this sort of
> thing.  Maybe O'Reilly would be interested in publishing it.

I cannot help but jump when you score a direct hit.  I don't like
announcing projects months before they're almost done, but yes, we are
working on a book about community networking.  We're not the only
ones, either.  Our book will take about 9 months to be hit the stands,
though -- it's like a baby, and we can't speed things up too much.

The authors are Richard Civille and Nancy Willard, both familiar to
regular readers of Communet.  As the project progresses, you'll
probably be hearing questions from them -- might as well get the
Communet community involved, since I've told you the project exists.
If I can judge from past experience, the people on this mailing list
are going to make sure they're involved one way or another.

Thanks for thinking of O'Reilly -- it's great to know that people
expect good things from us!

Andy Oram    O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.                 [log in to unmask]
             90 Sherman Street, Cambridge, MA 02140     (617) 499-7479
             USA                                    fax (617) 661-1116