>do you think that there needs to be a mailing list for the discussion of
>non-profit and NGO issues? I notice that too much of the non-profit
>activity and information is isolated on proprietary networks. CompuMentor
>is on the WELL, HandsNet is a seperate system, the APC/IGC is a seperate
>system(s), etc. I was even talking with folks on Compuserve and all they
>could think about was how to attract more non-profits there. Sheesh.
..
>It just seems to me that there needs to be some sort of common news and
>information facility where non-profits and NGOs could share information
>and converse no matter what "system" they were on. In particular, the
>list or electronic newsletter should focus on showing NPOs and NGOs how to
>empower themselves through the use of electronic media.

I agree with Art: there should be some forum *not* on proprietary networks
for discussing these kinds of things.  Seems like a USENET group or
a mailing list would be the best choices.  Would anyone else be interested
in this?  I'd be happy to find out about getting one started via either
method.  With the focus of applying telecom to help with social issues,
and issues faced by non-profits.

Madeline Gonzalez,
Boulder Community Network