Madeline,

Madeline Gonzalez writes:

>I agree with Art: there should be some forum *not* on proprietary networks
>for discussing these kinds of things.  Seems like a USENET group or
>a mailing list would be the best choices.  Would anyone else be interested
>in this?

A quick search of recent mail from Communet tells me that the following
people have expressed interest in an internet mailing list devoted to
discussion of networking issues (including using the internet, presumably).

Art McGee
Madeline Gonzalez
Putnam Barber
Marshall Mayer
Tom Newman
Marlene Archer
Sam Sternberg

I'm sure I'm missing some folks.

>I'd be happy to find out about getting one started via either
>method.  With the focus of applying telecom to help with social issues,
>and issues faced by non-profits.

Great. I vote for a mailing list. They reach more people, now that America
Online, Compuserve et al offer internet email. And a lot of people find
newsgroups daunting.

I propose, in addition,  asking IGC if they'll lend their new gopher to
this project.

>Madeline Gonzalez,
>Boulder Community Network

Tom