In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] writes:
> I would appreciate hearing from librarians in small hospital libraries with
> staff of less than 3, re: photocopy charges for EMPLOYEES who are taking
> college courses.  We currently charge 10 cents per page and employees do
> their own copying.  I am thinking of eliminating the charge as it is time-
> consuming to enforce/monitor and is an annoyance to my staff and the
> employees.  We would still charge 'outsiders' for photocopies and the
> employees would do their own copying.  Please forward your thoughts on
> this change in policy and let me know how you handle the issue.
> Thank you, Nancy Frazier, Cape Cod Hospital, Hyannis, MA R8_CAPECODH

In a similar environment - 300 bed hospital - I abandoned all photycopy
charges as they were not worth collecting & the coin mechanism broke down so
often that it wasn't worth it.

I also served a local population of 'outsiders' but did not think it worth
charging them either.
ROBERT BOOT                                             [log in to unmask]
HERSTON MEDICAL LIBRARY
The University of Queensland                       Telephone +61 7 365 5354
Brisbane Qld 4072  AUSTRALIA                       Facsimile +61 7 365 5243