    I would like to find out if there is any interest in a forum
discussing the issues related to Tribal government.  There are
297 federally recognized reservations in the United States, each with
some form of an organized government.  The various elected officials
and staff members of these governments, face many problems on a
daily basis.  Many of these problems are similar to other
forms of local government, and many are unique to Indian Country.

    Issues of special interest might include the following

  *  new programs of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA),
        Indian Health Service (IHS),
        Administration for Native Americans (ANA),
        Indian Offices of Dept of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
  *  Economic development and Tribal Gaming
  *  monitoring federal lesiglastive activities
  *  Tribal and non Indian governemental relations
  *  Treaty rights
  *  Community Planning
  *  Indian Health and Mental Health Services
  *  Environmental Protection
  *  Water and natural resource use

     These topics are only a few that should be covered.

     I am interested in any comments, ideas or other feedback related
to creating such a forum on Internet.

--
Richard Tilmann        [log in to unmask]