First I never said we should cut students off from seeing how
government functions.  One of our goals is to make local government
process more accessible to everyone, after all.  Won't you admit,
though, that we shouldn't have clear-text passwords currently found on
the City Hall net visible throughout the cable system?  City Hall
*services* will be visible.  I was expressing concern over CATV-based
systems which use simple bridges to link all kinds of people together.
Spoofing and pirating traffic is quite easy in such environments.
Sorry for singling out students; they were just an example.

Second, perhaps it's because Ithaca is a smaller place than Wellington
(35000 without students, about 60000 with them), but we have a lot of
interest in local government by all age groups.  Some people even
attend their open meetings ;-).

...Scott