        The Silicon Valley Public Access Link (SV-PAL) is a non-profit=20
organization providing e-mail, bulletin board, and internet services and=20
training for the Silicon Valley of California. SV-PAL is dedicated to=20
making the world's information resources accessible to all citizens=20
regardless of financial status & educational level.=20
=20
This network provides immediate access to all realms of knowledge from=20
literature, the arts and sciences, today's' news and stock prices, to=20
non-profit social services, local politics & movie times.
=20
SV-PAL  MISSION & VISION
=20
=A5=09Provide Electronic Access To The Community, Schools, & Non-Profit=20
Organizations
=A5=09Provide Affordable Communications For Small Businesses & Entrepreneur=
=A5=09Outreach & Training for Participation At All Income Levels=D0  =20
Particularly To Those Who Are Not Being Served Today
=A5=09Provide Access To & For The Government At All Levels
=A5=09Provide Access To The World=D5s Information Resources
=A5=09Give The Silicon Valley A Communications Network       Worthy Of=20
Its Technological Reputation
=A5=09Provide Local Content & Access To Outside Information Providers
=20
Currently we are in particular need of volunteers to assist in Content=20
Development & Technical Support.
=20
Content Development is a specialized group that develops our group of paid
information providers. These individuals work with organizations such
as social service agencies(food banks & shelters), non-profit=20
organizations, government agencies, commercial businesses, schools and=20
library systems to provide information to the SVPAL system. This group is=
=20
especially important in providing the information that makes our on-line=20
system thrive. This gives individual volunteersthe opportunity to develop=
=20
or enhance their social interactions and provide information of=20
particular importance to the community. SVPAL Capabilities brochures=20
which will be helpful in explaining our services to knowledgable clients=20
are available in hard copy format at Trilogy, 505 E. Evelyn, Mountain=20
View.=20
=20
The Technical Support group needs volunteers skilled in programming in
Unix, Windows, and MacIntosh. If you feel that you can be of service in
this group, I will need some details on your current programming=20
expertise. In particular, we need:
=20
=A5 HP-UX skills to bring up the HP systems,
=20
=A5 SunOS skills to support the Sun-4/330,
=20
=A5 System bring-up/administration experience especially with  Suns,=20
Livingston Portmasters, CISCO communication servers, and modems,
=20
=A5Postgres or other relational database management system skills
=20
=A5 Problem Tracking System
=20
=A5 GUI (graphical user interface), X Windows, and/or Mosaic skills
=20
=A5 Phase III user interface development
=20
=A5 POP-3 daemon and Eudora skills
=20
=A5 UNIX and Mac or UNIX and Windows skills for Phase III development.
=20
If you would like more information by voice or fax, my address is.E-mail=20
is=20
jbrueck @svpal.org
=20
John Brueck (pronounced brook)