I've been asked by someone in Purchasing to locate a (any)
classification scheme for all the items that could be used in the
labs.  She seemed to recall a government publication that had a
numerical hierarchy for all sorts of manufactured products (and
remembered being told about a portion of it for furniture).  She
was pretty vague about it though.  I haven't seen it, but I'm
wondering if she's referring to the _Industry and Product
Classification Manual_. (U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics
and Statistics Administration, U.S. Bureau of the Census)

If anyone can help with either an existing classification scheme,
or the above manual (does it have what she wants?) please contact
me to arrange for a loan, photocopy, whatever.  Thanks in
advance.

Janet Cowen
Medical Library
Methodist Hospitals of Dallas