We have been asked by one of our VP's about the Canadian Healthcare
system.  I have posted this question to the Health Reform list and so far
have received no reply.  I demonstrated the Internet to this person and
told her we could find this info from the net so I hate to disappoint her.
If someone from Canada is on this list and could answer this question we
would be very grateful.

The question is: if someone has money in Canada can they get whatever care
they want when they feel like they need it or if they went to the
hospital would they be turned away and have to wait in line and accept
the community health system?  Have hospitals sprung up that are outside of
the community health system that provide private care for people with money.
The same question applies to physicians as well as hospitals.

I am from England and now live in the United States so I am familiar with
these systems.  The Canadian system seems similar to the English one but
I did not know for sure.

Thanks in advance.

Mandy Kirkpatrick
Presbyterian Hospital