While I think it a great idea to use e-mail to solicit MLA members to
sign up for such things as staffing the Scholarship Booth and other
activities at the Annual Meeting, I do hope we are also using the
"old fashioned" U.S. Postal System to reach those who do not have
access to e-mail.
  I mention this because I have seen several such postings lately on
Medlib-L but have only received one postal mailing whereas I normally
receive many such requests by mail.  I don't normally advocate addition-
al mailings ( we all get enough of that) but the MLA annual meeting is
one association benefit that all members should have the opportunity
to participate in and many members do not yet have access to e-mail.
Logan Ludwig