----------

MEDLIB-L Readers:

Yikes!  I need help on a question.  I am looking for data that indicates for
various income brackets mean percent of disposable income.  For example,
what is the disposable income (on the average) for someone raking in
$100,000 as opposed to $20,000?  I have searched EPIC, ABI-Inform, and
Wilson Business Periodical Index. I have spoken to people at the U.S. Census
Income Statistics Branch, U.S. Dept. of Commerce Bureau of Economic
Analysis.  I've tapped my contacts in the banking industry and law firms
(deperate!).  I've been told the data simply isn't available.  I can find
loads o' data on disposable income as indicators of this, that and
everything else, but nothing on what percent of one's income is in fact
disposable according to income bracket.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Jerry Perry
Library of Rush University
Chicago, IL, USA