Maybe if you eat enough gin-soaked raisins, you won't care
if the arthritis is bothering you!  Seriously, though, it might
valuable to ask what vitamins, minerals and herbs(gin) are in this
concoction, and see if there is anything in the literature that
supports using this combination of things as a preventive.  I used
a diet change to combat my own arthritis, and I stopped aching within
two days, but
I wouldn't say that I
did works for everybody
.  My rheumatologist said responses to different foods are
not uncommon and there is a rheumatologist in New Jersey, Dr. Panish
who believes that all arthritis is caused by food allergies of some
sort.

Sandy Dwiggins

> My mother spontaneously mentioned it to me last night when we spoke on
> the phone.  She's considering trying it & has a couple of friends who
> swear it works!  She asked me if I could find out anything about it.  I add
> this to the discussion only because I find it fascinating how something
> like this "makes the rounds"!
>
> Valerie Schultheiss
>

> On Sat, 2 Apr 1994, St. Joseph Medical Center Library wrote:
>
> > I don't know if Paul Harvey has the answer, but I am currently
> > vacationing with my parents in a retirement park in Sarasota, and
> > everyone here is trying it and swears that it works!!
> >
> > Ellen Schellhause
> >

> > On Thu, 31 Mar 1994, Kathy Martin,PC-D,Willamette Falls Library wrote:
> >
> > > I have received a request from our hospital dietician who has been asked
> > > this question by several patients.  I am posting it to the list because
> > > evidently the information on this remedy was on Paul Harvey recently, and
> > > is new enough not to be indexed (if at all).  The question is this:
> > >
> > > Is there a new remedy for arthritis which involves steeping raisins in
 gin,
> > > and eating some of the gin-soaked raisins every day?  One of the patients
> > > thought it came from an aging institute in Colorado.  I don't think Paul
> > > Harvey made this up. . . .
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Kathy Martin
> > > Willamette Falls Hospital
> > > Oregon City, OR  97045

+  Sandy Dwiggins               Internet: [log in to unmask]        +
+  Building 82, Room 111        Phone: (301) 496-7406                    +
+  Bethesda, Maryland 20892     Fax:   (301) 480-8105                    +