I will have to interview candidates for a temporary full-time clerical
position.  How does one interview for/assess such qualities as:
1. honesty - this person will be handling money from a cash drawer
2. dependability - will this person be calling in sick every time the cat
       has hairballs?
3. general work ethic - will this person assist other staff with tasks
     either voluntarily or when asked or will their response be "not my job?"
Is there some diaglog that you conduct or a "test" you  have them do?
Thanks for any suggestions.
D. Lawless
Borland Library, Jax, FL   - land of the pink flamingos and future NCAA
                                basketball champs