Keep in mind that the move to Mosaic and more "user friendly" interfaces,
while making the Internet more accessible to more persons, will change
the nature of the cybercommunities which presently exist.

I'm partial to text. It is not just a matter of being behind the times.
Persons who don't use the Internet because they don't want to learn the
language of cyberspace are the kind of people who are not willing to make
the effort, which isn't all that great.

Food for thought.

Tom Lowe, Box 2050, Jackson, MS 39225-2050  Eternity is in love
[log in to unmask]                       with the productions of time.
[log in to unmask]                          -Blake

On Sat, 7 May 1994, Thomas Andrew Newman wrote:

<considerable amount of text omitted>

> Your provider is in the best position to set you up to run TCP/IP programs
> over SLIP or PPP. If you can find a local provider who offers such a disk
> you won't have to:
>
> configure MacTCP and MacSLIP
>         your provider will have done this for you
> know Internet protocols
> know Unix
> use a terminal emulator
>         which turns a Mac or Windows computer into a relic of the 1970's

* * *