I am a graduate student at the University of Washington and will be doing
my thesis on community networks.  Specifically, I will be looking at
issues of governance and funding and and the impact on services offered
(i.e. government run networks and services offered vs freenets and
services offered etc.)

Does anyone know where I might be able to locate a list of community
networks in operation around the US with a brief description of services
offered and how they are funded?

I really appreciate any help.  Please respond to me directly and if
others want a copy of the list I compile I will be more than happy to
send it out.  My e-mail is: [log in to unmask]

thanks,

joan fanning